Help us oppose the proposals for excessive building developments in rural North Essex, such as Andrewsfield and Boxted Wood –
West of Braintree.
The North Essex Authority Inspectors Report has now been published: It is 32 pages long!
Nevertheless, it is quite critical of the proposals
and effectively throws out Section 1 of the Local Plan telling the councils to start again.
The Council’s joint statement attempted to put a positive spin on the outcome but is clutching at straws.
To add to this: Front Page of the Times:-
The Government clearly do not have money to waste on risky Garden City projects
Click here for the Garden Communities Report by Growth UK which outlines succinctly why these proposals are not a good idea.
There is an excellent Foreword By Griff Rhys Jones and the report is important reading.
SERCLE has a crowd-funding page
to allow contributions to be made easily, safely and securely
to pay for professional legal representation.
All funds in & out will be fully accountable
and only used to further the campaign.
Paying for professional representation is the only way we can sensibly progress opposition to the development and how EVERYONE can help.
With the funding received so far we have demonstrated to the Inspector the nonsense of the proposals.
Nevertheless, the fight is still on to stop the URBANISATION of WEST of BRAINTREE.
Do not be complacent and think its a done deal! That’s what NEGC LTD and the Councils who form this want you to think. IT’S NOT!
Although we are an independent campaign group fighting West of Braintree on behalf of local residents, we believe that it is important to work with other campaign groups and with our local Parish Councils, wherever possible. To this end, we have been cooperating with many of our local parish councils, including Bardfield Saling, Felsted, Great Bardfield, Great Saling, Rayne, Shalford and Stebbing and with some of the other campaign groups who are fighting the wider Essex garden community project. It makes immense sense for us to share information, research and skills in order to avoid duplication of effort since this is a waste of time and money. This strategy reinforces our resolve and strengthens our ability to fight and defeat the ill-conceived proposal that is West of Braintree.
The map above shows the potential size of the development and can be directly compared to the size of Braintree. For further images related to the proposed development, please click here
What is SERCLE?
- A campaign group made up of residents from Stebbing, Great Saling, Bardfield Saling, Rayne, Shalford, Felsted and the wider region.
- SERCLE has only one aim – To stop the proposed 13,000 housing development in the West of Braintree region.
- If you think it’s just a few extra houses and it won’t really affect you – Read the proposal and related reports on the Documents Page
. . . And this is why it’s serious -> North Essex ‘Garden’ Communities
Why Oppose this Development?
- The proposed new town has no local support
- The threat to our heritage, culture and the destruction of a tranquil part of rural Essex
- The closure of Andrewsfield airfield, a popular local amenity that supports the UK aviation infrastructure
- The loss of ancient woodlands, Boxted Wood the largest can be traced back over 800 years
- Show both Uttlesford and Braintree councils that local residents wholly oppose this proposed development
- Challenge Braintree and Uttlesford District Councils on every weak, suspect or unsustainable part of their Local Plans.
- Show the West of Braintree new town is unfeasible and will result in a huge financial risk to Essex taxpayers
- Demonstrate how inappropriate, unsustainable and unnecessary the WoB proposal is.
The Documents Page includes information and reports regarding
The Neighbourhood Plan and
The West of Braintree proposed development